Thursday, January 26, 2017

A Phonecall in the Night

Her voice uplifted my soul tonight,
My soul uplifted my cheeks.
It sings to me a lullaby

As tonight it can rest in peace.

I lie here with a subtle smile,
Eyelids shut my twinkling eyes.
They will twinkle tonight.
Because today is the night the clouds subside...
Not due to a storm but a gentle breeze...


My soul recites in its lullaby:
"How can her mere words suffice
To quieten your demons every time?"
It answers itself with a question again:

"Who quietens the demons better than an angel?"

It's not mere words, it's her musical voice.
Strings pulled right can quieten crowds.

It was a phonecall in the night.
But with that voice, it was not
Just a phonecall in the night...

Colours were added to the night.
Jigsaw found its lost piece.
Met my self after a long time.
She made me happier than pizza with extra cheese.

And if I come to die tonight
Tombstone will say, "Resting In Peace".


---Rakshit Nair

2 comments:

Adya Verma said...

This is such a beautiful poem... I am amazed how subtly and rightly you have summed up thoughts that are even difficult to comprehend. Whoever she is, I hope she knows how lucky she is and if she is still in your dreams ( non existant ) I hope you find "her" soon ...

Rakshit Nair said...

Thank you so much Adya. Sorry for replying so late. Your wishes worked ;) I did find her and she does know how lucky she is :) :*